Imagine your life without access to the Internet, especially if you are not able to leave your home. How would you access information and basic needs like food, clothing, financial services and entertainment? About 20% of the population experiences challenges accessing the internet because of one or more of a variety of disabilities and the lack of website accessibility.
We have all heard about businesses with physical locations needing to make adjustments to accommodate disabled patrons, but what about online destinations? As our economy shifts to conducting business online, it is more important than ever to make websites accessible. Business owners face the risk of unnecessary lawsuits, fines and penalties, which can be avoided quite easily with minor modifications to websites. Making your website accessible will help you reach and serve more clients, generate higher satisfaction, community goodwill and business growth.
So who is filing ADA compliance lawsuits?
Associations and organizations for people with disabilities and law firms are teaming up to form class action lawsuits against large organizations and companies, like Harvard, Netflix, Uber, Chipotle, Domino’s and even musicians like Beyonce. These lawsuits generally cite Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. They are targeting companies with online accessibility barriers to make it easier for disabled people to access the internet. As more companies are conducting business online, the pace is accelerating – one federal-funded accessibility lawsuit is filed per hour! (UsableNet’s 2019 ADA Website and App Accessibility Lawsuit Report)
What types of changes are necessary to achieve Web Accessibility for disabled customers?
Getting and staying compliant can keep your business running smoothly, attracting new, valuable, grateful customers. It can also keep you out of the courtroom, avoiding fines, penalties and legal fees! The landscape and standards for website accessibility are constantly changing, and require a deep understanding of a wide range of disabilities and technologies. They include but are not limited to:
- Alternative text for every image so that screen reader software can navigate a site with or without a keyboard
- Providing high contrast between the site background and text for easy readability
- Providing a way to enlarge text
- Making sure forms can be navigated and completed by people using screen readers
- Closed captions or transcripts for video and audio content so that the hard of hearing can interact with your content
However, these accommodations don’t have to be expensive or time consuming for a business owner. We work with tools that can streamline this process to automate the accommodations using the latest standards and certify compliance with no impact to the design or functionality of your current website.
What Industries Are Most at Risk?
While every industry could be targeted, some of the most prone to lawsuits are:
- Education – Current and potential students must be able to apply for admission, pay tuition and fees, find and register for classes, attend and access materials from virtual classes, submit work, connect with educators and support resources.
- Restaurants & Hospitality – Current and potential clients must be able to research your offerings, reserve, book and pay for meals and accommodations.
- Healthcare – Current and prospective clients must be able to research your offerings, book appointments and view medical test results and notes securely.
- Sports & Entertainment – current and potential clients must be able to research your offerings, reserve, book and pay for tickets, streaming services and more.
Being proactive about website accessibility is more important than ever for businesses of all sizes. You’ve worked so hard to create a great business and website. Now more than ever, it is important both ethically and financially to protect your business from Web Accessibility lawsuits.
Is your website is ADA compliant? We can do a quick check for you and help you make some simple, affordable changes to correct any issues.
CONTACT US FOR A WEB ACCESSIBILITY CHECKUP
For do it yourself types, check out:
Smart business owners across the globe are realizing the power of the mobile devices and are investing in a branded mobile app.
Apps are rapidly replacing the prominence of web sites as tablet devices and mobile phones are supplementing or replacing computers in our daily lives. The market potential is huge. There are over 6 billion mobile phone users globally….about 4x the number of computer-based internet users. If you have a business, you need a custom branded mobile app to effectively market to your customers whenever and where ever they are!
There is tremendous value in having a branded mobile app for your business:
• Increasing your brand visibility
• Encouraging customer loyalty through frequent visits and purchases
• Promotional flexibility
• Increasing overall engagement with your customers
• Making all of your social media tools accessible through one convenient access point on a phone
And by utilizing counter top displays or window posters that display your app download and access instructions, Steamwork will help you harness the power of this powerful marketing medium.
Join the Mobile App Revolution Today
Steamwork will show you how to harness the power of the smart phones that most of your customers and prospects are carrying with them ALL THE TIME! With your own iPhone, iPad and Android Apps and mobile website, you can put your brand in your customers’ hands any time of day.
Our mobile platform allows us to professionally design, build and publish your apps and then provide you with the tools to maintain your own app with our easy to use design and content publishing interface.
Your app can be up and live in a few short weeks, ready to work as your mobile marketing arm 24/7!
Transform your customer relationships and earn more money by putting your brand in their hands
How can you deliver value to your customers through your app:
- Give customers GPS directions from anywhere in the world – directly to your business.
- Create a viral buzz with our built in sharing capabilities to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and your email mailing list.
- Build brand loyalty by giving your customers coupons for checking in at your business. Coupons can be “unlocked” based on your criteria.
- Provide up to date information about all of your businesses events and specials. Create an events calendar and promotional coupons.
- Keep your customers informed about everything involving your business, by creating an Information tab.
- Give customers multiple ways to get in touch with you with our contact pages including direct calling, GPS directions, and email.
We offer money making features as optional integrations:
- Email/newsletter service provider
- Shopping Cart Provider/ECommerce Store
- Reservation/Appointment System
- Food Ordering System
We make app ownership easy for business owners, even if you can barely use a smart-phone!
We provide all the support you need along the way:
- We personalize an iPhone, iPad and Android app solution customized to your business brand standards and content
- The completed app is reviewed and submitted by our staff to the iTunes App Store and Google Play Market (Android)
- We teach you how to make instant updates to your app, and connect your website, social media, events, photos and video channels to the app for dynamic content
- We provide lifetime of app hosting, support and maintenance of your app as long as your account is current
- Our app platform partners make regular updates and improvements to your app at a fraction of the cost of custom development
- Our powerful content management system makes it easy to make changes to your app instantly and is available on your computer or phone
- You can measure the performance of your app with back office analytics through our powerful content management system. It is like having a 24 x 7 mobile app back office.
- You get unlimited downloads and the ability to send unlimited “Push Notification” messaging to all your customers
We make apps for all kinds of industries.
In fact, we can make apps for almost any industry you can imagine:
- Authors, speakers, experts, podcasters & video creators
- Restaurants, Clubs & Bars
- eCommerce Companies
- Musicians and Bands
- Salons & Spas
- Medical Practices
- Coworking Spaces
- Home Services including Handyman Services, Exterminators, etc.
- Real Estate and related services
- Sports Leagues and Teams
Want a custom branded mobile app for your business in just a few weeks?
Contact us to ask for a demo and a proposal.